[Mobilepartners] Verizon: Upcoming Smartphone Release Schedule

Andrew Yu andrewyu at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 7 17:35:26 EDT 2007

Greetings,

For those of you waiting for new devices from Verizon Wireless, here
is an unofficial release schedule that I obtained from our contact at
Verizon:

1. Palm Treo 755p (Palm OS)
Estimated Release: mid-November.
OS: Palm OS 5.4
Note:
This is a replacement device for the Treo 700p. The notable
difference is the lack of the protruding antenna as well as minor
software updates to the Palm OS 5.4.
Link:
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/04/13/treo-755p-coming-to-verizon/

2. XV-6800 (Windows Mobile 6 Professional)
Estimated Release: mid- to late- October
OS: Windows Mobile 6 Professional
Note:
We have been evaluating this unit for the past two weeks. This is a
feature-rich HTC device that include wi-fi, touchscreen display,
sliding QWERTY keyboard, and many refinements from the previous
version (XV-6700). The device runs Windows Mobile 6 Professional
Edition.

3. Samsung i760
Estimated Release: late September
OS: Windows Mobile 6 Professional
Note:
Similar in specification to the XV-6800. This device provides numeric
keypad on the front and sliding QWERTY keyboard on the side.
Link:
http://pocketpccentral.net/samsung_i760.htm

Have a great weekend!

Andrew