[Mobilepartners] No Meeting This Friday, 2 IAP Sessions

Andrew Yu andrewyu at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 19 09:33:08 EST 2007

Greetings!

Mobile Partners User Group will not be meeting this Friday. We will also
skip our regularly scheduled meeting in January.

Instead, there will be two IAP sessions in January that may be of interest
to some of you. Please see below for detailed information and mark your
calendar if you are interested in attending.

Happy Holidays!

Andrew

1. Introduction to the "Google Phone" (Android Platform and Open Handset
Alliance)
Andrew Yu, Rich Miner, Dave Mitchell
Mon Jan 14, 01-02:30pm, 32-141

No enrollment limit, no advance sign up
Single session event
Prereq: n/a

In November 2007, Google announced a new major initiative - the Android
software stack - and launched the Open Handset Alliance, a group of mobile
technology companies aimed at developing applications for what is being
welcomed as the first complete open mobile development platform.

This class will provide an introduction to the Android platform incuding the
following:
1. What is Android and Open Handset Alliance? Why is this important?
2. Potential mobile applications?
3. Potential devices?
4. Software Development Kit (SDK) and other tools
Web: http://code.google.com/android
Contact: Andrew Yu, N42-250i, (617) 324-8985, andrewyu at mit.edu
Sponsor: Information Services and Technology

2. Introduction to the Apple iPhone and Web Applications
Andrew Yu, Matthew Sullivan
Thu Jan 24, 01-02:00am, 32-155

No enrollment limit, no advance sign up
Single session event
Prereq: n/a

The Apple iPhone was introduced in June, 2007 and changed the way we think
about smartphones. One of the key features of the iPhone is the ability to
view full web sites as well as take advantage of web applications
specifically designed for the iPhone.

This session will provide an introduction to the iPhone and web
applications:

1. Introduction to the iPhone
2. How does the iPhone work @ MIT?
3. Web Applications for the iPhone: Examples
4. How to create Web Applications for the iPhone
Web: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/devcenter/
Contact: Andrew Yu, N42-250i, (617) 324-8985, andrewyu at mit.edu
Sponsor: Information Services and Technology
Andrew Yu
Mobile Devices Platform Coordinator
Information Services & Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology