[Macpartners] MBP with DHCP problems

Jonathan Reed jdreed at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 17 19:18:33 EST 2009

Hi Miguel,

The reason you're experiencing this problem is almost certainly due to
the hardware address (MAC address) of your ethernet adapter changing
since the logic board was replaced.  Normally I would expect this to
only affect your wired connection (since the AirPort card would not
normally be replaced), but perhaps Apple replaced that as well.

Regardless, if you contact the Computing Helpdesk at x3-1101 or computing-help at mit.edu
, we can help you update the registration in the DHCP database with
the new hardware addresses for your wired and wireless adapters.   To
expedite the process, please be sure to mention that this problem is a
result of the logic board being replaced and that you need to update
your MAC addresses in the DHCP database.  We can guide you through the
process of obtaining the MAC addresses for your new hardware.

-Jon