[Macpartners] Leopard and x509Anchors Keychain

Patrick McNeal mcneal at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 25 15:37:16 EDT 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, at 3:12 PM, Felix Kreisel wrote:
> Is the x509Anchors Keychain obsolete under Leopard?
> It appears that under Leopard the x509Anchors Keychain is no longer
> installed by default. The MITCA needs to be on that Keychain, does it
> not? If you import that particular Keychain onto your "ring" (I don't
> know what to call the collection of Keychains that appear in Keychain
> Access), it shows up as "locked". You then can add the MITCA
> certificate as before, but when you try to designate the MITCA
> certificate as "trusted", you get prompted for a password. No password
> is accepted, however.

In Leopard, the MITCA should be installed in the "System" keychain.
Full instructions on using Safari 3.0 to install the CA on 10.5 can be
found here:

http://itinfo.mit.edu/article.php?id=8628

--Patrick