[Macpartners] Powerbook not connecting to Belkin 54g

Kerem B Limon k_limon at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 21 17:53:20 EDT 2005

Quoting Michael Choi <choi at MIT.EDU>:

> Hello,
>
> I have been without a wireless connection at home since the beginning of the
> week, and I can't be sure, but it seemed to happen around the time I
> downloaded this update: Airport 4.2 for Mac OX 10.4.2.  I'm surprised
> because I've been able to connect from the farthest in my house for several
> months without incident.
>
> Has anyone else worked through this sort of issue?  The wireless connection
> works fine on campus.  I can also connect through ethernet.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike Choi
> - - - - - -
>
> **Specs**
> 12" Powerbook G4, 867MHz
> Airport Extreme card
> Belkin 54g wireless router (model F5D7230-4)
>

> **Things I've tried**
> Powering off both wireless router and cable modem (several minutes)
> Rebooting everything on the network

Other things on the network presumably don't have an effect on your wireless,
unless they themselves are advertising an overlapping SSID and network,
somehow, which I doubt.

> Updating router firmware (was current)
> Changing channels (default=11, 1-11 available)
> Disabling security setting to get a pure wireless connection

You mean an "open network". There is nothing impure about a password protected
wireless network.

> Called Belkin, who referred me to Apple
> Called Apple who referred me back to Belkin
>
> Also, only wired connections are visible if I refresh DHCP list.

I don't understand what you mean here. What list?