[Macpartners] Powerbook not connecting to Belkin 54g

Michael Choi choi at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 21 16:04:06 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have been without a wireless connection at home since the beginning of the
week, and I can't be sure, but it seemed to happen around the time I
downloaded this update: Airport 4.2 for Mac OX 10.4.2.  I'm surprised
because I've been able to connect from the farthest in my house for several
months without incident.

Has anyone else worked through this sort of issue?  The wireless connection
works fine on campus.  I can also connect through ethernet.

Thanks.

Mike Choi
- - - - - -

**Specs**
12" Powerbook G4, 867MHz
Airport Extreme card
Belkin 54g wireless router (model F5D7230-4)

**Things I've tried**
Powering off both wireless router and cable modem (several minutes)
Rebooting everything on the network
Updating router firmware (was current)
Changing channels (default=11, 1-11 available)
Disabling security setting to get a pure wireless connection
Called Belkin, who referred me to Apple
Called Apple who referred me back to Belkin

Also, only wired connections are visible if I refresh DHCP list.