[Macpartners] Powerbook Display problem

William Litant wlitant at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 24 08:34:37 EDT 2004

Was doing some graphics work on my new G4 15" Powerbook last night
when I noticed 5 or 6 of what look like tiny very light gray dirt
spots randomly scattered in the center of the screen. Closer
examination reveals they are not dirt but some inherent problem with
the display.

They are quite light - most visible when working on a white
background - but annoying. I'm aware that  actual dead pixles appear
as black dots (had one on an iBook) but I haven't seen this gray dot
business before. Any thoughts as to what may be causing this?

Bill Litant