[Macpartners] tex advice

Annika Pfluger annika at csail.mit.edu
Mon Dec 27 13:57:59 EST 2004

Hi Rachel,

I use TeTex (Latex) with TexShop (the interface for using Latex) on
my Mac.  First you need to install Fink Commander
(http://finkcommander.sourceforge.net/) on your Mac. Launch Fink
Commander and search for TexTex and run the full installation.  The
last step is to install TexShop
(http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/texshop.html).
Launch TexShop and change a couple of the default paths in
preferences:

	- use /sw/bin for the path to pdftex
	- use /usr/local/bin for the path to latex

There are a lot of steps, but it should all run pretty easily. Good luck!

Annika