[Macpartners] swapped dvd-rom drive in ibook

Spencer Dudley sdudley at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 2 02:14:48 EST 2003

Michael,

In regard to your problem with iChat AV after upgrading to Panther, the
same thing happens on my iBook.  For a while, iChat would start fine
some times, then for about a week, it worked perfectly.  Now it's
disfunctioning again.  I did an "erase and install" of Panther, then
immediately afterward, I attempted unsuccessfully to start iChat.  This
indicates that the problem is exclusively network-related.  Also, some
times when I attempt to start iChat and it doesn't start, I still get
logged in.  I've been in contact with Apple tech support, but that
hasn't resolved the issue, probably because the problem is more on
MIT's end.  Before I installed Panther, I was using the public beta of
iChat AV, and it worked fine on MIT's network.

Spencer