[LCM Events] Fwd: FW: Visit to NU by the Grand Mufti of Egypt, Dr. Ali Gomaa. March 19. 5:30 pm. Blackman

NU ArabSA- Northeastern University Arab Student Association nuarabsa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:01:19 EDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sullivan, Denis <d.sullivan at neu.edu>
Date: Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Subject: FW: Visit to NU by the Grand Mufti of Egypt, Dr. Ali Gomaa. March
19. 5:30 pm. Blackman
To: Amir ArabSA-NU <nuarabsa at gmail.com>, Islamic Society of NU <
IslamicSociety at neu.edu>

PLEASE FORWARD TO YOUR LISTS ON CAMPUS AND OFF CAMPUS

Dear ARABSA & ISNU,

Salamaat and Greetings from Cairo!

Attached, please find the announcement for the visit to our campus on
Monday March 19th, of Dr. Ali Gomaa, the Grand Mufti of Egypt.

I apologize for the short notice (only 8 days), but with the President’s
Office and Provost being involved, the planning for the event took a little
longer than expected.

Provost Director will introduce the Grand Mufti to our community, and to
the entire Boston community – all are welcome!

I hope you will help me get the word OUT, and get
students/faculty/staff/community members IN to Blackman on March 19, 5 PM
(doors open at 5).

This is certain to be a momentous occasion with one of the leading
spiritual figures in the Muslim world on our campus.

(we also hope to have a reception for the Grand Mufti prior to the event,
from 4-5 PM; again, I am awaiting word from the President’s office)

Thank you for anything you can do to get the word out and encourage people
of all faith communities to attend.

Denis
-----------------------------------
Denis J. Sullivan, Professor of Political Science
Director, Middle East Center for Peace, Culture & Development
Northeastern University
Boston, MA 02115

--
Arab Student Association