duplicate kdc settings in krb5.conf

Wang Weijun weijun.wang at oracle.com
Tue Feb 11 22:11:27 EST 2014

On Feb 12, 2014, at 10:56, Greg Hudson <ghudson at mit.edu> wrote:

> On 02/11/2014 04:56 AM, Wang Weijun wrote:
>> then both will be contacted, but if it's two different sub-stanza or stanza (could be in the same or different files), then only the first one will be picked up. For example, only k1 will be contacted for
>>
>> [realms]
>> D1 = {
>>   kdc = k1
>> }
>> D1 = {
>>   kdc = k2
>> }
>
> I think that's a bug.

Oh, I thought that was by design.

My understanding was that the top-level stanzas should be merged (I can imagine people have [libdefaults] in both krb5.conf and an included file) but not the others. While it's OK to merge (or not merge) the kdc settings above but if it's [capaths] the merge will be a disaster.

--Max