duplicate kdc settings in krb5.conf

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 11 21:56:05 EST 2014

On 02/11/2014 04:56 AM, Wang Weijun wrote:
> then both will be contacted, but if it's two different sub-stanza or stanza (could be in the same or different files), then only the first one will be picked up. For example, only k1 will be contacted for
>
> [realms]
> D1 = {
>    kdc = k1
> }
> D1 = {
>    kdc = k2
> }

I think that's a bug.  If I trace through the profile code, it winds up
creating a second subsection node for D1 within [realms], which is
inaccessible to searches.

By contrast, if you specify a top-level stanza (like [realms]) multiple
times, the relations within (directly within, not inside subsections)
get placed in the same top-level section node.

I'll open a ticket if I don't find an existing one.