Inserting opaque data into the DB

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 18 12:12:28 EDT 2011

On 10/18/2011 08:21 AM, Alejandro Perez Mendez wrote:
> I have been looking through the code to see a point where I can add
> random data to a principal entry in the user database during creation or
> modification.

Do you really mean "random data" in the sense of PRNG-generated data here?

> The problem is that when I retrieve the principal (i.e. using getprinc),
> this TL_DATA does not seem to be recovered. Does anyone have some hints
> on this? Thanks in advance.

I don't know why you'd be having this problem; I suspect you'll need to
do some probing with a debugger.  But I did want to note that MIT krb5
1.10 will have a string attributes feature with kadmin support:

http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Projects/Principal_entry_string_mapping