Inserting opaque data into the DB

Alejandro Perez Mendez alex at um.es
Tue Oct 18 08:21:11 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have been looking through the code to see a point where I can add
random data to a principal entry in the user database during creation or
modification. It seems that the krb5_tl_data field may serve the
purpose. Hence, I have modified the kadmin program to accept the -X
option where a new TL_DATA with type 1000 and the indicated value is
included into the new entry (in a similar way as it is done with the -x
option).

The problem is that when I retrieve the principal (i.e. using getprinc),
this TL_DATA does not seem to be recovered. Does anyone have some hints
on this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alejandro