MIT krb db2 hash test failures on Solaris

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Thu Jan 22 22:06:02 EST 2009

--On Thursday, January 22, 2009 08:42:26 PM -0600 Will Fiveash
<William.Fiveash at Sun.COM> wrote:

> So either is the above code is making some bad assumptions or stat() is
> buggy.  Thoughts?

Ugh ugh ugh.
If I understand the code you've quoted correctly (without going back to
read the rest of it), the bucket size, and therefore the file format,
varies depending on the result from st_blksize.  This is hideous; UNIX
files are flat byte streams and their format and interpretation should not
be dependent on the properties of the filesystem on which they happen to be
located.

It seems to me that the code is making some extremely bad assumptions, but
I can't imagine how to fix it without rendering existing db files unusable.

-- Jeff