pkinit kinit/krb5.conf naming inconsistencies

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 18 13:18:52 EDT 2008

*sigh* I should be more careful about editing distribution lists.

I hope no one at MIT was personally offended by what I said about
openness.  The comment was meant as a generic observation on
appearances.  It might even be obsolete.

If I might make a related, strategic suggestion:  If you allocated
some resources to quick review of unsolicited contributions, you would
get some genuine PR benefit, and more volunteers contributing.  While
the improvements mightn't align with official priorities, they would
be guaranteed to align with the priorities of some real users, without
the overhead of evaluating priorities.

Of course you may conclude that there isn't a corresponding benefit in
monetary contributions.  I realize that most open source projects are
ancillary to other funded efforts.

Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu