kerberos preauthentication IIS

Stephen Ince since at opendemand.com
Wed Nov 12 07:01:22 EST 2008

I am using MIT KFW 3.22 on win XP. I have a httpclient that connects to an
IIS server/using kerberos 5.  I am able to successfully connect when IIS
enables preauth. I fail when IIS disables preauth. I used ethereal and it
looks the http client does get a NON preauth token. I have done some reading
and it looks IIS may not support kerberos 5 with non preauth. It looks like
it has to kerberos 4.  It looks like IE always uses preauth and may switch
to kerberos 4 for NON preauth.

Is there a flag of setting in krb5.ini to switch to kerberos 4 for non
preauth?

Steve