Review of AEAD Encryption API Project; concluding December 5, 2008

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 1 17:08:11 EST 2008

    >> Luke did this for compatibility with some work going on in the
    >> Samba community.  My preference would be to do it right and
    >> make this be a type.

    Luke> Correct, I used the API proposed by Stefan (copied). Stefan,
    Luke> perhaps you could explain why you made flags and type
    Luke> separate fields in the IOV structure?

Hmm.  I think Love was asking more about why sign_only was was a flag
not a separate type from data.  However if we did make sign_only be a
type, then perhaps we could fold alloc and allocated as higher order
bits in the type and avoid the flags field.

--Sam