Updated draft for kadmind plugin API

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Mon Apr 23 17:52:04 EDT 2007

Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> I dislike complicating an API with "trivial" overhead functions, like
> special-purpose versions of free().  It's a forrest-for-trees, kind
> of thing.  If we can't leave it as-is, can't we just declare that you
> use the standard system malloc()/free() routines?

You cannot assume that an application, a library, and a plug-in are all
using the same memory pool and C Runtime functions.  That is why it is a
requirement that we have special functions to release memory allocations
from within the module that performed the allocation in the first place.

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.