Issues w/ timezones on gssftpd

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 27 22:07:00 EST 2006

>>>>> "Philip" == Philip Prindeville <philipp at redfish-solutions.com> writes:

Philip> Can someone please explain to me (offline if need be) why this request
Philip> didn't warrant a response?

Philip> That way, I won't waste your time again.

I think I misremeber having replied to your patch.  Anyway, my
thoughts were that we tend to prefer platform-independent patches
whenever possible; your patch is conditionalized on __GLIBC__, which
is not really the direction we want to go in.

Also, are you sure that this isn't a configuration issue related to
how you have set up the chroot environment?  The setup of chroot
environments is a highly platform-specific thing.  I suspect at the
very least you may want to include the timezone configuration files in
the chroot environment.

(Yes, your OS package system probably should handle some of this.)

---Tom