Error while compiling krb 1.5

Rainer.Heilke@atcoitek.com Rainer.Heilke at atcoitek.com
Wed Jul 5 12:12:07 EDT 2006

Not really intending to stick my nose in, but I think this may be interesting food to ponder...

No one has stated which version of what OS is involved here, other than Shivakeshav's comment about using Solaris, but it may be worthwhile reading this Sun blog entry about static linking going away starting with Solaris 10. Rod Evans has a good explanation of what is happening, and why:

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/rie?entry=static_linking_where_did_it

This, of course, doesn't address other OSes--or older versions of Solaris--directly, but I hope this is a worthwhile addition to the discussion.

Rainer Heilke