Error while compiling krb 1.5

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Jul 5 11:10:28 EDT 2006

>That is something we'd like to clean up, though it hasn't been high
>on our priority list, because so far as we're aware it's not urgent
>for most other people either; we expect the most popular and most
>important use cases by far to involve deploying shared libraries
>only.  (We could be wrong.  But so far I think this is only the
>second complaint we've heard since putting out the pre-1.5 test
>releases.)

Have I complained yet?  I don't think I have, because I haven't been
playing around with 1.5.  But anyway, I have a group of systems where
static libraries are a requirement (basically because we have users
download a precompiled set of binaries, and requiring the users to have
to somehow set up shared libraries would be a non-starter).

It does sound like it's a fixable problem, though.  Something to keep in
the back of my mind when I go to 1.5.

--Ken