Doing away with changelogs

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Apr 18 09:11:47 EDT 2006

>To do development you are going to need access to the repository and
>bugs database.  That's roughly the same as many other open source projects.

This is news to me; I have developed for a number of open source projects
and I have _never_ looked at any of the bugs databases.  Basically,
they contain no useful information to me.  The only time I look in the
repository is to make sure that the code hasn't changes too much since
the last release so my patches aren't out of date.

As someone who tracks a number of open-source packages, I never look
in their bugs databases or repository.  I do look at the ChangeLog or
equivalant to see what's new since the last release.

--Ken