MIT Kerberos now uses Subversion

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 24 17:40:12 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 00:43 -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

> Hi.  The MIT Kerberos team has recently converted our repository from
> the CVS version control system to Subversion.  There are some
> significant advantages including being able to easily see all the
> changes checked in at one time even if they span multiple files and
> directories.
>

> The main repository is converted, but we're still in the middle of handling a few issues:
>
> * Anonymous repository access.  We have a server ready and have a web
>   frontend but are having a bit of a problem getting data from the
>   main repository to the anonymous repository.  This should be resolved within a day or so.

My understanding (but I'll need to check with our SVN gurus) is that the
samba anonymous system uses a patch export and application process.  Ie,
if the same patches are applied in the same order, then you must get the
same repository (which beat the previous solution of 'rsync the db').
Or something like that...

I can try and pin down some details if that would help.

Andrew Bartlett