MIT Kerberos now uses Subversion

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 24 00:43:22 EDT 2005

Hi.  The MIT Kerberos team has recently converted our repository from
the CVS version control system to Subversion.  There are some
significant advantages including being able to easily see all the
changes checked in at one time even if they span multiple files and
directories.

The main repository is converted, but we're still in the middle of handling a few issues:

* Anonymous repository access.  We have a server ready and have a web
  frontend but are having a bit of a problem getting data from the
  main repository to the anonymous repository.  This should be resolved within a day or so.

* Snapshot generation.  IT will be a bit before the daily snapshots
  actually start picking up changes from the new repository.

* Release generation.  The tool we use to make a release is currently
  cvs-centric.

Sam Hartman
Manager, MIT Kerberos Team