Can't run config.sub

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 20 16:50:05 EDT 2004

    Marcia> I am attempting to compile Krb5 v1.3.1 & am running into
    Marcia> an error. I know there are newer versions of Kerb5 but
    Marcia> this is the version I need for a specific project. I got
    Marcia> the source code, ran aclocal & autoconf, & then tried
    Marcia> running ./configure. It does run for a moment & then gives
    Marcia> this error: "configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh
    Marcia> ./config/ config.sub" I've looked all over the Internet &
    Marcia> cannot seem to find an answer to this that works for me.
    Marcia> Does anyone have any suggestions?  This is what I am
    Marcia> running on my system:

First, you should not need to rerun autoconf unless you changed
aclocal.m4 or configure.in.  Our sources are already autoconfed.

Second, it sounds like the source tree has become corrupted somehow.
Look at src/config/config.sub and see if that looks like the
config.sub from the original source distribution.