MIT Krb5 does not work on WinXP SP2 was Re: KfW 2.6 vs Windows 2003 Server: question to the community

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Tue Jan 20 17:23:07 EST 2004

I can verify the behavior.  Windows will not output the session key
without or without the registry key set.
the reason that krb5_get_credentials() fails is because the session key
is NULL and the client cannot access
the data necessary to request a service ticket from the KDC.

What your krb524 code will need to do in this case is use KfW 2.6 and
set the ccache to "MSLSA:".  Then
the ticket request will be performed by the Kerberos LSA and not by the
MIT libraries.

- Jeffrey Altman