Mac OS at MIT: News

shankar raman sram at MIT.EDU
Sat Oct 5 12:22:00 EDT 2002

Dear Sir,

I am a faculty member and a mac user. I have two computers, the one
at work is a 450 MHz B/W G3 and the one at home is a 800 MHz Titanium
Powerbook. Both run 10.2.1 (the updated Jaguar). I downloaded
Kerberos Extras for MIT and re-installed it after upgrading to
10.2.1.  On my home computer, however, I seem to have a problem I
can't fix when checking email---I use Eudora which runs under the
classic environment. Once I disconnect from Tether (via Airport) and
then reconnect, I can't check my mail (I can send mail but not check
it), despite having Eudora "forget" the password. When checking I get
the error message "Cannot communicate with Kerberos Error message
-20038 {30.30703}. In order to get Eudora working, I have to reboot
my computer. In other words, in order to check mail, it has to be the
first time I connect after the computer starts up. If I renew my
airport connection without having first rebooted the computer, I get
the error message---even though everything else works just fine
(sending mail, web surfing, etc.). Any suggestions?

Thanks

shankar raman
--

Shankar Raman