Fink/MIT Kerberos interference?

Steve Hahn hahn at fnal.gov
Mon May 20 15:21:01 EDT 2002

After my latest self-update to fink and updating of packages (5/17/02),
I found that CLI Kerberos
commands (klist, kinit, etc) no longer worked; no reply from them at
all, though I could ^C out.
When running a hacked version of OpenSSH that worked before (after
creating a ticket with the
Kerberos application), I got:

[hahn:/usr/lib] hahn% ~/ssh b0dap30
dyld: /Users/hahn/ssh multiple definitions of symbol _des_set_key
/Users/hahn/ssh definition of _des_set_key
/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.dylib(set_key.o) definition of _des_set_key

I suspect this is more a problem with fink than Kerberos; aren't all
fink changes supposed to
be under /sw?  But I thought I'd let you know.

Now I'll try reinstalling MIT Kerberos 4.0.

Thanks, Steve Hahn