Will Kerberos help me ?

Fred Bouquet fb at advanceup.com
Sat May 18 11:24:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm looking for an external identication device for Macintosh computers. I
wonder is Kerberos could help to solve this problem.

Here is what I need :
In one room there are several imac available in self-service for a large
number of users. We need to be sure that only the authorized users will
use the computers (and especially Internet Explorer).
We would like for instance a fingerprint or eyes recognition, of even
with a RFID system that will enable the use of the imac only if the user
is known in the database. When the user leaves the mac, we must record
how long this imac has been used.

I've found several answers for Windows, but nothing for Mac. Any idea ?

Thanks for your help

--
Fred Bouquet (fb at advanceup.com)
Advance Up : Technologie & Sécurité d'Internet