Kerberos for Mac issues-

John W. Eschelbach jwe at unc.edu
Sun Jan 27 17:18:01 EST 2002

Hello,

I have been playing with KfM for quite a while now and have not been able to
load my realms as described in the online documentation.

I am using  a PowerBook G3 Firewire 400 running Mac OS X 10.1.2.

The first issue I noticed was that when running the installer, the
edu.mit.Kerberos file defaults to being a Microsoft Entourage Preference
file.  I also have Office X installed and running.  I edited the file in
BBEdit to only have my realms configuration information.  I saved the file
without changing the file type or creator.  I have also saved it as a BBEdit
file and a generic text file, but am still unable to Edit my Favorite realm.

When running the Kerberos application, I have tried to Edit My Favorite
realm in the preference, but the only realm that is listed is the
ATHENA.MIT.EDU realm.  When selecting the ³Edit My Favorites², nothing
happens.  I have checked the preference file multiple times and am confused
where the application is even getting the ATHENA realm from.

I assume all of my problems stem from not being able to load my realm
correctly.

Thank you,

John W. Eschelbach
Department of Chemistry