[xad] Re: Kerberos PAC info on MSDN Library

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Tue Feb 26 20:49:00 EST 2002

> the OSF DCE PAC "fits" into kerberos5 without modification,
> unlike the NT5 PAC, which requires modded krb5 as we know.

The OSF DCE PAC was dispensed from a separate privilege
service, but from what I remember of the code they implemented
these all within the same process. And they had to modify
the KDC anyway to use their security registry instead of
the default backend. So I think this is a moot point now,
given that the modifications to the KDC for the Microsoft
PAC are not that extensive -- the real work is in the
DCE RPC services and LDAP server.

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | lukehoward.com