[xad] Re: Kerberos PAC info on MSDN Library

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba-tng.org
Tue Feb 26 20:43:01 EST 2002

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 09:51:21AM +1100, Luke Howard wrote:

> >later on it will be a simple job to add additional functions
> >to pickling.c that will not require the 56 byte header.
> >
> >this was something that rich et al intended to do but didn't
> >get round to: there was no requirement for it at the time.
>
> Hmm, do you know if the original OSF DCE PAC included the
> encoding header?

 don't know.

> Or did their Kerberos implementation
> special-case that as well?

 don't know.

 the OSF DCE PAC "fits" into kerberos5 without modification,
 unlike the NT5 PAC, which requires modded krb5 as we know.

 the purpose of these PACs is identical, just one is
 implemented badly.

 other than that i don't know the actual implementation
 differences.

 lkcl

this message is private, confidential, and is intented for
the specified recipients only.  if you received, altered,
deleted, modified, destroyed or interfered with the
contents of this message, in whole or in part, please
inform the sender (that's me), immediately.

if you, the recipient, reply to this message, and do not
then receive a response, please consider your reply to have
been lost or deliberately destroyed: i *always* acknowledge
personal email received.  please therefore take appropriate
action to ensure effective communication.

thank you.