Fetch 4.0.2 fails on OS X 10.2 - "Hostname cannot be canonicalized"

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Aug 28 13:37:00 EDT 2002

>I suspect it is some bug in realm canonicalization.  While testing an
>imap problem, Marshall and I noticed issues getting Fetch to work with
>hosts not in the default realm; could that be related to what you see?

It's possible ... but in this case the hosts _are_ in my default realm.

Hm, Jim Matthews suggested I check the Fetch Transcript window, and I
see the following:

334 Using authentication type GSSAPI; ADAT must follow
gss_send_tok_buff = ftp@
gss_send_tok_buff = host@

Those GSSAPI service names sure don't look right to me :-)  So maybe
it's not a GSSAPI bug; I think I'll take that up with Jim Matthews some
more.

--Ken