Fetch 4.0.2 fails on OS X 10.2 - "Hostname cannot be canonicalized"

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 28 13:13:00 EDT 2002

    Ken> I'm having a strange problem, and I can't figure out what's
    Ken> going on.  I'm trying to use Fetch 4.0.2 on OS X 10.2 (with
    Ken> GSS-API support, naturally).  However, when I try to connect
    Ken> to one of our hosts here, I get the following error:

    Ken> GSSAPI error: An invalid name was supplied Hostname cannot be
    Ken> canonicalized

    Ken> Which makes _no_ sense to me, since I supplied Fetch a FQDN.
    Ken> This is all vanilla stuff on OS X, with the MIT installed
    Ken> Kerberos extras.

I suspect it is some bug in realm canonicalization.  While testing an
imap problem, Marshall and I noticed issues getting Fetch to work with
hosts not in the default realm; could that be related to what you see?