Kerberos Ticket not renewed anymore after being forwarded.

vm@c4k3.space vm at c4k3.space
Wed Oct 26 08:21:35 EDT 2016

Hi,

I hope I'm at the right place here for my issue.

This is the case:

On my macbook (Mac OS X 10.11), I have a renewable Kerberos-ticket:

---
macbook013:~ vm$ klist -v
  Credentials cache: API:EF9959E6-85DF-446F-9B21-3CEEC606FA2D
          Principal: vm at REALM.COM
      Cache version: 0

  Server: krbtgt/REALM.COM at REALM.COM
  Client: vm at REALM.COM
  Ticket etype: aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96, kvno 1
  Ticket length: 342
  Auth time:  Oct 26 13:55:09 2016
  End time:   Nov 25 12:55:05 2016
  Renew till: Jan 26 12:55:05 2017
  Ticket flags: enc-pa-rep, pre-authent, initial, renewable, proxiable,
forwardable
  Addresses: addressless
---

If I do a ssh (GSSAPIAuthentication yes,GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes)
to a linux-server, the ticket there is not renewable anymore:

---
  macbook013:~ vm$ ssh linuxserver2
  linuxserver2 ~ # klist -f
  Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1379_BZVstF6000
  Default principal: vm at REALM.COM

  10/26/16 14:00:30  11/25/16 12:55:05  krbtgt/REALM.COM at REALM.COM
         Flags: FfPAT
  linuxserver2 ~ # krenew
  krenew: error renewing credentials: KDC can't fulfill requested option
  linuxserver2 ~ # kinit -R
  kinit: KDC can't fulfill requested option while renewing credentials
---

If I do a kinit on linuxserver1 and get a renewable ticket there and ssh
to linuxserver2, the forwarded ticket stays renewable.

I guess it has something to do with the ssh-client on Mac OS X? (but
copying the ssh_config from linuxserver1 to the macbook does not solve
it. Copying the krb5.conf doesn't solve it either)
Or should I search the cause in another direction?
Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Thank you for thinking with me!

VM