krb5-1.14.3, make check, test3: btree: failed

squidmobile@fastmail.fm squidmobile at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 26 12:41:26 EDT 2016

>>     Test 3: btree: small key, big data pairs
>>         page size 512
>>         page size 16384
>>         page size 65536
>>     dbtest: write: Success
>>     test3: btree: page size 65536: failed

> I'm not sure we've seen that failure before.  Did any previous
> releases work successfully for you in that test?  Can you tell
> us more about your platform?  (OS, CPU architecture, etc.)

i figured out the problem:  lack of disk space.

i saw no error messages related to disk space at the time the
problem occurred.  however, the problem failed to repeat itself
when i rebuilt krb5-1.14.3 and ran make check.  the only thing
substantially different was i relocated a grunch of files from
/tmp.  i restored those files and ran several tests.  i managed
to break the test with these messages:
  srcdir=. TMPDIR=.  /bin/sh ./run.test
    Test 1: btree, hash: small key, small data pairs
    Test 1: recno: small key, small data pairs
    Test 2: btree, hash: small key, medium data pairs
    Test 2: recno: small key, medium data pairs
    Test 3: hash: small key, big data pairs
    dbtest: write: Success
    test3: hash: failed
  make[3]: *** [check] Error 1
this test errored out at a slightly different point, but duplicated
the basic problem.

when i deleted the restored files, the problem went away.

this particular failure required sufficient disk space to compile
krb5-1.14.3 and successfully run make check down to this particular
test.  however, it lacked sufficient space to successfully run
the test.

you might want to provide a better error message that accurately
reports the root problem.

thank you for your time and assistance.

frank smith
--