Kprop failing when changing permitted tgs and tgt types

Joe Travaglini joe.travaglini at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 08:35:02 EST 2013

Hello,
  I had a successfully replicating KDC environment which was working.
  I then changed the default and permitted tgs/tgt encryption types,
removing aes256 and aes128 from all fields.

  I now get the following error when running kprop after a kdb5_util dump:
kprop: Message size is incompatible with encryption type while encoding
database block starting at 0

  I tried destroying and recreating both KDCs to start fresh but I still am
getting this error.  After extensive research I cannot understand why.  Can
anyone help?

thank you
-Joe