Kprop failing when changing permitted tgs and tgt types

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 3 11:22:10 EST 2013

On 02/03/2013 08:35 AM, Joe Travaglini wrote:
>   I tried destroying and recreating both KDCs to start fresh but I still am
> getting this error.  After extensive research I cannot understand why.  Can
> anyone help?

You found a bug; kprop doesn't work with an RC4 session key.  This was
previously unknown to me (or to our bug database, as far as I can tell);
I've written it up here:

  http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=7561&user=guest&pass=guest

For the moment, you'll need to use any other enctype as your preferred
session key enctype when running kprop.