Pending "gss_init_sec_context() failed: Unspecified GSS failure...."

Sylvain RICHET akamanouche at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 12:04:17 EST 2010

On 12 jan, 09:42, Sylvain RICHET <akamanou... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 jan, 21:47, Phil Pishioneri <p... at psu.edu> wrote:
>
> > On 1/11/10 12:40 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> > > That page doesn't discuss how to configure Firefox to find the GSS-API
> > > library on UNIX at run-time, ...
>
> > Firefox config preference is named "network.negotiate-auth.gsslib".
>
> > -Phil
>
> Hi Phil,
>
> Indeed, i have already tried to set Firefox entries like this :
>                 > network.negotiate-auth.using-native-gsslib = false
>                 > network.negotiate-auth.gsslib = /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2
>
> But nothing better !
> So i set back (reset) this entries
>
> I have also heard about an entry named "network.auth.use-sspi".
> (e.g see:http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/topics/applications/kerberos/4782/)
> But it doesn't appear in Firefox/Ubuntu(Linux).
>
> Many browse, but still no workaround.
> Following Russ advice, I'm going to look for the way to compile
> Firefox with GSSAPI/NegotiateAuth option...

SO...
Following these docs...
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Configuring_Build_Options
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Simple_Firefox_build

... i have rebuild Firefox with a .mozconfig file like this :
[...]
ac_add_options --enable-application=browser
ac_add_options --enable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-negotiateauth
ac_add_options --disable-tests
[...]

... and test again with the new binary of Firefox (Help > About:
"Minefield")

As you can see, "negotiateauth" should have been enabled.

BUT : nothing else better !
Damned !
:-(