Pending "gss_init_sec_context() failed: Unspecified GSS failure...."

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue Jan 12 15:15:17 EST 2010

Sylvain RICHET wrote:
> On 11 jan, 21:47, Phil Pishioneri <p... at psu.edu> wrote:
>> On 1/11/10 12:40 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
>>
>>> That page doesn't discuss how to configure Firefox to find the GSS-API
>>> library on UNIX at run-time, ...
>> Firefox config preference is named "network.negotiate-auth.gsslib".
>>
>> -Phil
>
> Hi Phil,
>
> Indeed, i have already tried to set Firefox entries like this :
> 		> network.negotiate-auth.using-native-gsslib = false
> 		> network.negotiate-auth.gsslib = /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2
>
> But nothing better !

Since you said rebuilding did not help, some other simple questions to ask:

  Have you tried Wireshark or other analyzer to see what might be going on?

  Do you have a krb5.conf file?

  Does the web server support GSS? What is the server?

  Does the client have user credentials? (klist)

  Have you posted the problem on modauthkerb-help at lists.sourceforge.net
  (I expect most of the people are on this list too.)

  Since you built FireFox, what code did it use for the native-gsslib?
  Is it Java?

> So i set back (reset) this entries
>
> I have also heard about an entry named "network.auth.use-sspi".
> (e.g see: http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/topics/applications/kerberos/4782/)

SSPI is the native Microsoft API that can inter operate  with the GSS-API on
other platforms.

Does the Kerberos you are trying to use o the client have support for SPNEGO?