Pending "gss_init_sec_context() failed: Unspecified GSS failure...."

Sylvain RICHET akamanouche at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 03:42:00 EST 2010

On 11 jan, 21:47, Phil Pishioneri <p... at psu.edu> wrote:
> On 1/11/10 12:40 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> > That page doesn't discuss how to configure Firefox to find the GSS-API
> > library on UNIX at run-time, ...
>
> Firefox config preference is named "network.negotiate-auth.gsslib".
>
> -Phil

Hi Phil,

Indeed, i have already tried to set Firefox entries like this :
		> network.negotiate-auth.using-native-gsslib = false
		> network.negotiate-auth.gsslib = /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2

But nothing better !
So i set back (reset) this entries

I have also heard about an entry named "network.auth.use-sspi".
(e.g see: http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/topics/applications/kerberos/4782/)
But it doesn't appear in Firefox/Ubuntu(Linux).

Many browse, but still no workaround.
Following Russ advice, I'm going to look for the way to compile
Firefox with GSSAPI/NegotiateAuth option...