KfW installation question (krb.con, etc...)

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Wed Jan 6 15:25:41 EST 2010

If one specifies a URL for KfW configuration at install-time,
but does not care about or want to support krb4 and does not
offer krb.con or krbrealm.con files, a 'critical error' dialog
is raised to users.

     Download failed: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Is there a way to avoid this?  We'd like to provide instructions
for our users that does not include, "Ignore the following
failure error.  It is caused by blah blah blah..."

Because, in all reality, the file they care about (krb5.ini)
*was* most likely found just fine and the error dialog does
not give any indication of what was not found.