netidmgr maxing out CPU and can't be killed on Windows 7 RTM

Johnny Russ jruss at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 18 16:32:51 EDT 2009

> I haven't seen the issue but would be happy to track it down and squash it.
>
> Since you are comfortable using SysInternals tools, could you configure
> procdump to monitor netidmgr.exe and explorer.exe for cpu spikes and
> have it capture a process dump when the issue occurs?
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx
>
> Please send mail to netidmgr at secure-endpoints.com.  Given that the
> issue affects both netidmgr.exe and explorer.exe I suspect the problem
> isn't actually with netidmgr but is more likely an interaction between
> Windows 7 and OpenAFS but we shall see.

I just sent an email to netidmgr at secure-endpoints.com with the
requested dump files for explorer.exe and netidmgr.exe. Thanks for
checking into this, I have had to stop using netidmgr until I can
figure out a fix.