Kerberos/GSSAPI--- C++

Fred Dushin fred at dushin.net
Fri May 30 17:09:20 EDT 2008

I'm sort of confused here.  First, I don't think there are any
officially defined C++ bindings for the GSSAPI.  Then again, I'm not
an expert in this area. [1]

But more to the point, you're in a C++ environment -- you can call "C"
APIs without any difficulty (assuming you obey ISO C conventions, and
you don't let your C++ training interfere (testing against 0 instead
of NULL, etc).

What am I missing?

-Fred

[1] I will say, however, that I've implemented a loose set of C++ APIs
for using the GSSAPI -- these interfaces were based loosely off the
JGSS, at least in terms of their structure.  They formed a simple
facade around the C bindings, and the implementation of these
interfaces made direct calls on the C APIs.  All they really provided
was some C++-style state and memory management -- nothing spectacular
to write home about, and clearly not rocket science.  Unfortunately,
this code is not my property, so I can't share it.