Kerberos/GSSAPI--- C++

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue May 27 14:42:22 EDT 2008

Tadoori (EXT), Vilas wrote:

> Any takers on my question?

When looking for #include <...> the compiler looks in the locations
defined by the -I option as well as some well know locations like /usr/include.
If you are using gcc or g++  add the -v option so see these.

for example: g++ -v -c main.C

> I would also appreciate if there is a working example on c++, on the
> internet I have seen the GSSAPi programming guide written in c.

Sorry, din;t have an examples, but you might also want to look at
the Microsoft SSPI that uses the GSS protocols, and how SSPI is
called from C++.

You might also look at the Grid Security Infrastructure, that
implements a GSS like mechanisum. It is called using the GSS-API.
There has been a lot of C++ uses with the grid over the years,
and maybe there is a C++ class for GSS.

  http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2006-September/010533.html

has a question on using C++ and GSSAPI, but no answers. (The bug looks
like passing an uninitialized server_creds variable.) The point is
the author has an acquire cred routine, and maybe more.