Kerberos/GSSAPI--- C++

Tadoori (EXT), Vilas vilas.tadoori.ext at siemens.com
Fri May 30 06:24:20 EDT 2008

This is basically an (two tier)client server model where the server is
on an C++ platform and the client is on an Java platform.
We are in the process where we have identified the milestone for the
project that we would be changing the code on the server where the calls
to the server would be handled by GSSAPI before talking to a Kerberos
server to get a ticket.

I have searched on internet for the C++ bindings for GSSAPI so these can
be included in our code.
But unfortunately they are not available. We need some exprt opinion in
the following...

1) Are C++ bindings available for GSSAPI.
2) If they are not, how could I put the C bindings of GSSAPI in my C++
code on the server.

The code that I would like to incorporate is,  talk to the Kerberos
server v5 and get the ticket and pass it on the same to the client.
In the process all the GSSAPI calls related like
Initiating the context-between server and client
Establishing the context-between server and client.
Exchanging/Acknowledging the messages between the server and client

the above points should not be lost.

I would really be appreciate if you can help us with your expert opinion
on the same. Awaiting your reply...

Regards
Vilas.