Last Successful Login always equals "never"

pachl clintpachl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 07:30:08 EDT 2008

When running ``kadmin get <principle>`` for any principle, the "Last
successful login" and the "Last failed login" lines always equal
"never." What does the "Last successful login" line mean? Where and
how would I have to login to change the status of this line from
"never"?

I have used kinit from from several machines and have also used the
system login at the console, which exclusively uses kerberosV (local
password file is disabled).

All my machines in the Kerberos realm are OpenBSD 4.1 and use Heimdal
0.7.2.

-pachl