Server not found in Kerberos database error on ldapsearch

jeck evgeniy.zharovsky at verwaltung.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Nov 9 10:33:15 EST 2007

Good afternoon!
I have the following problem: I need to connect securely to a AD and search
it via ldapsearch. When I try to do so the "Server not found in Kerberos
database" error appears. I'm not quite sure, why. I have extracted a keytab
of the AD and kinit seems to work fine for the same user as I want to use
with ldapsearch. The hosts-files are set up correctly (a ping on DNS-names
looks fine). There is nothing that indicates an error in the AD-logs (only
successful logons). Could anyone give me a hint, why I get this reaction?