Not able to authenticate GSSAPI and Kerberos Remotely

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue May 1 07:06:51 EDT 2007

On May 1, 2007, at 06:26, cool yahama wrote:
> I am trying to run the sample client/server program of kerberos and
> GSSAPI
> on two linux machines. I could able to run all these program
> successfully on
> a standalone linux machine.
>
> I am running the KDC and server program on one of the linux
> machine, and
> trying to authenticate from another mahcine with "root" login. The
> entry for
> this root login in added in KDC.
>
> I am getting the error message as
>
> "krb5int_locate_server: No Good Servers".

I'm having trouble finding any code that would print that message.
What version of the software are you using, and which test programs
are you running, and with what options?

> the Krb5.conf on the which in am running the client program, has the
> information of KDC.
>
> Please provide me the information if i have to make some system
> setup to
> resolve this problem.
>
> regards
> jags

Including the krb5.conf file might help too.

Ken

P.S.  You don't need to send to both krbdev at mit and kerberos at mit.
The former is for developers of Kerberos code or Kerberos-using
application code.  The latter is for more general discussion of the
software, protocol, usage, administration, etc.